Thursday, October 18, 2007

I am wwoofing

Since a few days I have become a wwoofer. Sometimes people ask me if I am a student. "Yes, a student of life" I answer. I am also a traveller and a hitchhiker. or "I just am". But right now I am mostly a wwoofer. I am working on a farm at the foot of the Japanese Alps and receive delicious ultra healthy organic food, in huge portions, a warm bed and great company of the young farmers family Akio, Terimu, Wara and Hua and other wwoofers who come and go. I am out all days, see many mountains, animals and I learn a lot.
Last days I was selecting apples for juice, twisting apples for their beautiful red colours, pear picking, smaching dried crops to collect egoma, a spicy kind of sesame and on the picture you see me playing after the rice harvest we did this morning. Some five hundred kilo of rice, enough to feed the family and wwoofers a whole year through!
I also just learned how to add pictures to my blog so for the parts I have not been able to write about yet I give you already some snapshots! The nice layout will come later ...

2 comments:

Ann Van Hoof said...

Hey Soehoe,

Wat een fijne gedachte dat we alle 2 buiten in de grond zitten te ploeteren ... Elk aan de andere kant van de wereld!

Het levan kan toch mooi zijn!
Keep on trippin!

Liefs
Ann

Wisam said...

Hi Sue,

I am about to WWOOF this October. I got a little worried when I heard some "horror stories" about ppl worked so hard, it was not longer a vacation. It was some sort of "slavery". But your story sounds very nice!

Can you give me you host "ID" in wwoofing japan website so that I can contact them (as you have a very good feedback about them)

Thanks a bunch
Wisam